There is a guide to fix a printer driver on Windows 10.
A quick solution to fix the Windows printer driver is needed. Advanced Driver Updater is a professional driver updater utility that you should consider using.
To identify outdated, damaged, corrupted, and incompatible drivers on your device and replace them with the most compatible versions.
Continue reading to find more ways to fix the printer driver that is unavailable on Windows 10.
Errors like printer driver unavailable, the printer driver is unavailable, or printer driver is unavailable can be caused by printer problems.
When your computer can’t recognize a printer. If the printer driver is corrupted or outdated, you also face problems with printer drivers.
You need to uninstall the printer driver to resolve the issues listed.
It isn’t easy to re-install a printer driver. When looking for the right driver, people with limited knowledge face a lot of difficulties.
We will explain both manual and automatic methods to fix printer drivers that are unavailable on Windows 10.
It doesn’t require you to do much work and is the simplest of all. The Advanced Driver Updater is an excellent driver updater utility.
If you want to try the manual method first, we will do it.
The driver is not available for the printer to fix. Almost all printer-related errors can be solved with the enlisted steps.
- The printer needs to be disconnected and then connected.
- first Power off and then Again power on the printer
- Try to use a different USB port.
- Restart the printer and PC simultaneously
These are the steps to fix the problems. Even though they sound simple, try using the steps to fix Windows 10, printer drivers.
Try the different methods listed below if things don’t work.
Different Ways To Fix Printer Drivers on Windows 10 (Updated List2022)
There are a number of tried and tested ways to fix the Windows 10 Printer Driver is Unavailable issue.
Method 1: Needs to be updated Printer driver
If you are running an outdated driver, you will get an error message. You can update a driver by following these steps.
- Click the search results if you want to type device manager in the search bar.
- The device manager window will be opened by this.
- If you want to expand it, you need to look for Printers.
- Right-click and choose Update Driver to see the name of the printer you are using.
- Click the “Search automatically for updated driver software” option if you want to find updated driver software.
- Windows 10 will be looking for an update now. You can be notified if it is available. When prompted, restart the PC after following the on-screen instructions. There are printer driver unavailable problems on Windows 10. Let’s move to the next step if the problem isn’t over.
Method 2: Fix the computer with Windows 10.
Sometimes Windows updates can cause drivers not to work on printer error messages.
Automatic Windows updates take care of the problem, but sometimes we need to manually update Windows.
Follow the steps below to check for Windows 10 updates on your own.
- Pressing Windows + I opens the Setting menu.
- You can choose Update or Security options.
- In the new window, click on Check for updates. You will be able to download an update if one is pending. Click on one of the alternatives if you want to update Windows.
- Windows will start to download updates. You can fix a low disk space message if you follow the steps outlined in the earlier post.
Method 3: Now is the time to run the SFC Scan.
A corrupt or damaged system file is one of the primary reasons for printer drivers being unavailable.
- Command Prompt Type in the Windows search bar.
- You can run as administrator from the context menu.
- In the cmd window, type SFC/ Scannow and press enter.
Once scanned for damaged files, your Windows 10 will be fixed by the utility. This should fix the problem. However, if it persists, move to the next method.
Method 4: The printer Driver should be re-installed (Manual).
The steps above were not much help if you were reading this method. To fix the printer driver that is unavailable, we will need to reinstall it.
It’s like searching for a needle in a haystack when it comes to searching for a driver. Printer drivers are unavailable on Windows 10 and we need to resolve that.
- There is a device manager in the search bar.
- Under the device manager window, navigate to the Print queue option.
- Click on the Updater driver to expand and right-click it.
- Go to the driver software option on my computer.
- You can navigate to the location where you downloaded and saved the driver by clicking browser>.
- Follow the instructions on the screen to get the printer driver back.
Method 5: Your drivers are updated automatically.
Did you find the method complex? Updating the printer driver with the latest and most compatible versions is a good idea.
Advanced Driver Updater is a reliable driver updater that identifies old, corrupted, missing, damaged, and incompatible drivers.
We can immediately eliminate the annoying “Windows printer driver is unavailable” issue if we look at how this amazing utility works:
- 1. You can download and install the latest version of Advanced Driver Updater on your PC. It is compatible with several versions of the Windows Like Windows 11, Windows 10, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows XP & Vista versions.
- 2. This driver updater software can be used to identify outdated, missing, damaged, corrupted, and incompatible drivers on your device.
- 3. Within a few moments, the scanning process will be completed, and you will be able to see the list of faulty drivers on your Windows PC.
- 4. If you want to resolve driver-related conflicts, click on the Update All button. The printer driver can be found if you hit the Update button next to it.
That is the final word! To restart your computer, be sure to do it. You won’t have to deal with the annoying “Windows 10. printer driver is unavailable” issue with the latest version of the driver.
The problem of the printer driver is unavailable on Windows 10 should be fixed for most users. You can try the last workaround shared below if the issue continues.
Method 6: How Reinstall Printer
If the above methods do not fix the printer drivers, you need to uninstall the printer. This is the best way to fix problems. Follow the steps to do so.
- Plug the printer in and power it off.
- In the search field, you can add or remove programs.
- Select which printer you want to uninstall.
- The uninstallation process should be completed.
- After restarting your system, you need to power the printer.
- If you want to install printers, use the installation disc or USB.
These simple steps can fix printer unavailable error messages on Windows 10.
We are wrapping up our guide on “Windows Printer Driver Is Unavailable”.
Hopefully, one of these methods will help you overcome some printer driver-related problems.
Don’t install driver updates from unofficial sources and keep your Windows OS up-to-date to avoid conflicts.
If you find any other alternatives to fix the printer driver is unavailable on Windows 10, please share them in the comments section.