I have located my misplaced iPhone 7, however, it is currently locked by an activation lock and I am unable to recall the Apple ID password. Unfortunately, I did not enable two-factor authentication. If anyone can provide assistance in unlocking the device quickly, I would greatly appreciate it as I am eager to use my iPhone once again.
Part 1. Why Does My Found iPhone Get Locked?
It is understandable to wonder why your iPhone may be locked even though you are the rightful owner of the device. Activation Lock is a security feature that is activated when your iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch, or Apple Watch is lost or stolen.
It helps protect your device and personal information by requiring your Apple ID and password to wipe the device or restore it using iTunes.
However, if you have forgotten your Apple ID password and the device has been lost for an extended period, professional software may be necessary to remove the Apple ID without the password and set up the iPhone as a new device.
Part 2. Unlock iPhone without passcode without Apple ID
Passvers iPhone Unlocker is a professional tool that enables the user to erase lock passcodes, remove Apple ID without a password, and remove Screen Time passcodes. This program offers the ability to bypass Activation Lock directly, and can also quickly remove an iPhone lock passcode to unlock the device without a passcode. The program is compatible with a wide range of iOS versions, including iOS 13, iOS 12, iOS 11, iOS 10.3, iOS 10, iOS 9, and earlier versions.
Remove Apple ID in one click WITHOUT password
To easily and quickly remove an Apple ID, here is a step-by-step guide:
- Step 1: Begin by installing the iPhone Unlocker program on your computer. Then, connect your iPhone to the PC.
- Step 2: Once the program is launched, select the option “Erase Apple ID”.
- Step 3: On this window, select “Start” to initiate the process of removing the Apple ID.
- Step 4: The program will begin removing the Apple ID. It is important to ensure that the device is not moved during this process to maintain the stability between the iPhone and the PC.
- Step 5: Upon completion, your iPhone will automatically restart. You can now use your iPhone again.
Note: After removing the Apple ID, users on versions prior to 11.4 should not use the “All Content & Settings” function to wipe the device, as this will reconnect the iPhone to the original Apple ID.
It is important to note that deleting an Apple ID will result in the loss of all files on the iPhone. Therefore, we recommend making a full backup of your iPhone files to prevent data loss. The outcome of the data depends on the following situations:
- If “Find My iPhone” is disabled, all data will not be removed.
- If “Find My iPhone” is enabled and you are using a version prior to iOS 11.4, the data will not be deleted either.
If “Find My iPhone” is enabled, you are using version 11.4 or later, two-factor authentication and screen lock passcode are enabled, all data will be erased and the device will be updated to the latest iOS version.
Reset Apple ID password
Although you have successfully removed the Apple ID from your iPhone and are able to use the device as normal, it is important to remember that your original Apple ID is still needed in order to restore any files from your iPhone using iCloud or iTunes.
- Step 1: Navigate to the Apple ID web page and select “Forgot Apple ID or Password?”
- Step 2: Enter the email associated with your Apple ID and click “Continue.”
- Step 3: If you have enabled two-factor authentication, a second trusted device will be required to change your password. If you have not enabled two-factor authentication, you can follow the instructions provided to reset your password via email.
- Once you have reset your Apple ID password, you can now turn off Activation Lock and use your iPhone with your original Apple ID.
Part 3. Tip: Unlock iPhone Lock Code without Password
The steps for using Passvers iPhone Unlocker to remove lock passcode from an iPhone or iPad are as follows:
- Step 1: Download and launch the Passvers iPhone Unlocker program on your PC or Mac.
- Step 2: Select the option for “Delete lock code” and click “Start.”
- Step 3: Connect your locked iPhone or iPad to the computer and wait for it to be recognized automatically. Verify the device information is correct and then click “Start.” The program will then begin loading a reset firmware package.
- Step 4: After the firmware download is complete, the program will prompt you to enter the number “0000” for confirmation. This will initiate the unlocking process.
Part 4. More FAQs to unlock iPhone without Apple ID
Is Passvers iPhone Unlocker safe?
The iOS Unlocker program is a safe and reliable solution for unlocking your iPhone or iPad. It not only enables you to remove the Apple ID, but also allows you to bypass the Screen Time passcode and remove the lock passcode. With free technical support provided, give it a try today!
How to turn off Find My iPhone?
- To turn off “Find My iPhone” on different iOS versions:
- On iOS 9 or earlier: Navigate to “Settings” > “iCloud” > “Find My iPhone” and switch it to “OFF.”
- On iOS 12: Go to “Settings” > “Apple ID” > “iCloud” > “iCloud Apps using iCloud” > “Find My iPhone” and turn it off.
- On iOS 13 or later: Go to “Settings” > “Apple ID” > “Find My iPhone” and switch it off.
How to enable two-factor authentication
To enable two-factor authentication on your iPhone, please follow these instructions:
- Open the Settings app on your device.
- Tap on [Your Name] and then select Password & Security.
- Scroll down and tap on Enable Two-Factor Authentication.
- Follow the prompts to enter the phone number of the device you wish to receive verification codes on.
- After you’ve entered the phone number, tap Next to complete the setup process.
We have provided a comprehensive guide on how to disable the activation lock in this post. The steps involve using the Passvers iPhone Unlocker to remove the Apple ID, followed by resetting the Apple ID password. By following these steps, you will be able to use your iPhone seamlessly, even if you have forgotten the password.